The Amazing Maurice
The Amazing Maurice is a 2022 animated feature film adapting The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents - the first produced feature film adaptation of Terry Pratchett's work. It's produced by Cantilever Media and Ulysses Filmproduktion for Sky Cinema, in conjunction with Narrativia.
Maurice, a streetwise cat, has the perfect money-making scam. He’s found a dumb-looking kid who plays a pipe, and his very own horde of rats – rats who are strangely educated, and literate, so Maurice can no longer think of them as “lunch”. And everyone knows the stories about rats and pipers... However, when Maurice and the rodents reach the stricken town of Bad Blintz, their little con goes down the drain. For someone there is playing a different tune. A dark, shadowy tune. Something very, very bad is waiting in the cellars. It’s not a game anymore. It’s a rat-eat-rat world down there and the educated rats must learn a new word...EVIL.
- Screenplay by Terry Rossio
- Additional material written by Robert Chandler and Toby Genkel
- Directed by Toby Genkel and Florian Westermann
- Produced by Julia Stuart (Sky), Emely Christians (Ulysses), Andrew Baker and Robert Chandler (Cantilever Media) and Rob Wilkins (Narrativia)
- Hugh Laurie (and Bastian Pastewka) as Maurice
- Emilia Clarke as Malicia Grim
- David Thewlis as Boss Man
- Himesh Patel (and Jerry Hoffmann) as Keith
- Gemma Arterton as Peaches
- Hugh Bonneville as The Mayor
- David Tennant as Dangerous Beans
- Ariyon Bakare as Darktan
- Rob Brydon as The Pied Piper
- Julie Atherton as Nourishing
- Joe Sugg as Sardines
- Janin Ullmann as Nahrhaft
These are episodes primarily devoted to discussing this film.
|2022-12-24||The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret||Hogswatch 2022: “Mildly Fantasy Threatened”||thetruthshallmakeyefret.com|
Episodes where the film is discussed, but not as the main topic.
- Tennant previously played Dangerous Beans in the 2003 BBC radio adaptation.
- Bakare also reads the new Penguin audiobook of the novel, released in October 2022 ahead of the film.