Stephen Briggs is a British writer and actor best known to Discworld fans for three things: adapting the Discworld books for the amateur stage; co-authoring the various maps of the Discworld and other supplementary books, including all versions of The Discworld Companion; and reading nearly half of the original unabridged Discworld audiobooks for ISIS Books, taking over from Nigel Planer in 2000 beginning with The Fifth Elephant.
- The Discworld Companion and the later revisions The New Discworld Companion, Turtle Recall and The Ultimate Discworld Companion
- Nanny Ogg's Cookbook
- The Discworld Maps The Streets of Ankh-Morpork, The Discworld Mapp, Death's Domain and A Tourist Guide to Lancre
Briggs has also written 24 plays adapting Pratchett's books for the amateur stage, most for his own amateur theatre company, the Studio Theatre Club, based around Oxford. Nearly all of these have been published, with amateur performance rights available. This includes creating new-ish stories by combining strands from multiple plots, notably The Rince Cycle (combining Rincewind's story from The Colour of Magic, The Light Fantastic and Sourcery), The Shakespeare Codex (mixing The Science of Discworld II: The Globe and Lords and Ladies with A Midsummer Night's Dream) and Murder in Ankh-Morpork (Men at Arms with added elements from Guards! Guards! and Feet of Clay; this is the only one of the plays not published).
As audiobook narrator
All are unabridged Isis Books editions:
- The Fifth Elephant
- The Truth
- Thief of Time
- The Last Hero
- The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents
- Night Watch
- The Wee Free Men
- Monstrous Regiment
- A Hat Full of Sky
- Going Postal
- Making Money
- Unseen Academicals
- I Shall Wear Midnight
- Raising Steam
- The Shepherd's Crown
He has also narrated:
- The Science of Discworld
- The Science of Discworld II: The Globe
- The Science of Discworld III: Darwin's Watch
- The Science of Discworld IV: Judgement Day
- Truckers, Diggers and Wings
- A Blink of the Screen
|2023-04-13||Imaginary Worlds||“Entering Discworld, Population: Terry Pratchett”||imaginaryworldspodcast.org|
- A later inclusion, as it was skipped in the recordings made with Nigel Planer. Briggs recorded it in 2001.
- Briggs won an Audie Award for this one.
- Fiction chapters only.
- Discworld stories only.