Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Hosted by||Rosemary Campbell and Philip James|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||1 (so far)|
|Original release||25 May 2023 – present|
|Related shows||Brain Tape|
Discworld. Book by book. Cover to cover. In order.
- Intending to cover every Discworld novel in order, with multiple episodes per book.
- Using a device of discussing “what is being critiqued” in each book; in the first episode, Philip mentions that the English language itself is always being critiqued by Pratchett’s writing.
- “Trying really hard” not to swear.
- A sort of reversal of the hosts’ other show, Brain Tape, which discusses the webcomic Achewood. On that show, Rosemary is the expert, and Philip is the one who is unfamiliar with the topic.
- In episode one, Philip says they also plan to read Good Omens, which he claims crosses over into the Discworld universe.
The table below indexes all episodes of this podcast. They are listed by default in release order, and use the podcast's own numbering scheme.
|1||“Not so much worshipped as blamed”||2023-05-25||The Colour of Magic (1/?)||Libsyn|
- The Colour of Magic is divided into four books, and has separate prologues for the first two: one about the Great A’Tuin and the Disc itself, which comes before the first book (also titled “The Colour of Magic”), and another that introduces the Disc’s gods and their game, before book two (“The Sending of Eight”). This episode was supposed to cover the first prologue and the start of the first book, but Rosemary’s edition, unusually, combines both prologues at the start of the novel, so they end up talking about them both.