The Pratchett Podcast
|The Pratchett Podcast|
|Hosted by||Graeme Sheridan, Rhys Parton|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||61|
|Original release||24 October 2011 – 3 October 2018|
The Diskworld Reviewed and Taken under the Loop.
The Pratchett Podcast is no longer available in its entirety. The final thirty episodes can be found in podcast directories and at the talkshoe site; the original WordPress blog has posts for the first fifteen episodes, but the episodes themselves no longer seem available. The ones in between seem lost to time.
- Early episodes are mostly reviews of adaptations and novels, though sometimes one of the hosts is a book behind and submits their thoughts about it the subsequent month.
- Later episodes still feature reviews, accompanied by a reading if it's a book, but also several recurring segments:
- "Ankh-Morpork Times" - a round-up of current Discworld and Pratchett-related news
- "New Members of the Watch" - in which host Graeme reads out the names of new members of The Pratchett Podcast Facebook group
- "Clacks" - a letters segment in which the hosts read out emails and other messages sent in by listeners; sometimes known as "Colin's Clacks", as the main and often only correspondent is Colin, who sends in sometimes lengthy reviews of his own.
- "Fool's Guild" - reviews of Pratchett and Discworld-related entertainment, including play productions, musical albums and more
- "Small Gods Cemetery"
- The proto-Discworld readthrough podcast, in that the reviews of the books often take up less than half of the show's run time. (For this reason episodes will be listed in the "Other appearances" section for each book.)
- The Pratchett Podcast Facebook group still exists (as of June 2022), and has close to 1,000 members. You'll need to be approved by one of the moderators to join.
- The podcast makes liberal use of copyrighted material, including excerpts from albums, radio broadcasts and audio from television episodes being discussed or referenced. While this might get a podcast shut down these days, no-one seems to have noticed (or perhaps minded) in the older episodes, and this makes it a good resource for finding audio from the time. See especially the Terry Pratchett tribute episodes.
- Graeme Sheridan - creator of The Professor How Parody Podcast, a Doctor Who...er...parody podcast. Host of the show all the way to its last episode.
- Rhys Parton - host of the Who is the Man podcast, also about Doctor Who. Co-host of the early episodes; only a very infrequent contributor from around episode 33 onwards.
The table below indexes full episodes of this podcast (not including trailers and previews). They are listed by default in release order, and use the podcast's own numbering scheme.
- As described in the introductory post on the podcast's original WordPress site. The links to the other podcasts are sadly dead.
- Sort by this column to get episodes in series publication order. Discworld books have just a number. Other series have a letter prefix: "B" for the Bromeliad and "J" for Johnny Maxwell.
- Includes clips from various radio programs memorialising Terry in the week or so after his death.
- The episode description is mistakenly copied from the previous episode and says this episode's review is The Last Hero, but it's Johnny and the Dead.